February Newsletter 2021
Benefits of the CPIM designation:
- Your supply chain and operations management knowledge will be current and relevant
- You will learn practical skills that will impact your job immediately
- Your knowledge and skills will be globally recognized
- CPIM designees earn on average 25% more than their counterparts without an APICS certification
Watch this CPIM Video to see why YOU should earn your CPIM certification!!
Benefits of taking APICS Toledo’s instructor-led CPIM Certification Review Course:
- Learn from a certified instructor who provides expertise, insights, and one-on-one guidance
- Network, share experiences, and discuss topics with a diverse group of operations professionals
- Stay on track to earn your certification with a structured learning experience and support
- Convenient, classes are virtual with a live instructor (via the Zoom meeting platform)
Classes start Saturday, February 20th, and we will meet on alternating Saturdays, 9:00am-4:00pm, via Zoom. CPIM Part 1 runs for 4 alternating Saturdays, February 20th thru April 3rd, and CPIM Part 2 runs for 8 alternating Saturdays, May 8th thru August 21st (no class July 3rd). For more information about this course or any of our other educational offerings, see our website, www.apicstoledo.org, or contact [email protected].
February PDM – Lunch ‘n Learn – “Digital Networking and Job Search Strategy” - Tuesday, February 23, 12:00-1:00pm.
Our speaker will be Rodney Apple, Founder and Managing Partner of SCM Talent Group. Rodney will present tips for effective networking, and how to find and land that perfect job! For more information and to make a reservation, visit our website, or contact [email protected].
Welcome New Member! We are excited to welcome APICS Toledo Chapter’s newest member, Derek Ery. Welcome, Derek, and we hope to see you all at an upcoming Professional Development Meeting or certification review class!
Sheryl Holbrook, CPIM, CLTD, CSCP
BGSU Supply Chain Management Association
BGSU SCMA is looking forward to February meetings and events after a successful start to the Spring semester.
In January, SCMA discussed plans for the semester at the executive board meeting. Our first professional development meeting with Infor offered great insight and information about the company and field.
February's professional development meeting, Pre-EXPO Advice & Finding an Internship, held on the 1st, was a great opportunity for members to gain knowledge and advice for the upcoming BGSU Spring 2021 Job Fair. In the week of February 8th, we will have the opportunity to network with Supply Chain Management Institute members for the Job Fair.
Later this month, the executive board will meet to finalize plans for professional development meetings for the rest of the semester.
BGSU SCMA has earned enough points to receive Gold status for the 2020-2021 academic year, retaining Platinum level as an organization!